As you may have heard, the Berkshires have a growing youth racing program sponsored by BCA and held in June and July. Last week’s races were attended by some 70 riders between the ages of 5 and 12.
Once again BCA is offering the challenge to other New England communities to field a team for our Mayor’s Cup Team Race, to be held on July 31st following our regular season championships. (approximately 7:30pm)
1. Contact me by July 24 to register your team (contact info below)
2. Teams can have up to 5 riders between the ages of 9-12
3. Registration is limited to (4) teams
4. Teams must represent a community and wear a uniform bearing that city/town name. (This could be a T-shirt.)
5. Entry is FREE, donations are gladly accepted.
The race will be scored on points. The distance will be four (4) laps of our regular series course, which is a flat (1/4 mile?) circuit through the Pittsfield Common using grass and paved surfaces. Dick Ring will be announcing the event. The winning team gets the Mayor’s Cup and bragging rights for a year.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Berkshire Cycling Association