IMPORTANT NOTICE to all NE Race Promoters and Clubs Monday, January 10, 2005
Dear New England Race Promoters and Clubs,
The New England Bicycle Bicycle Racing Association will be tabulating the
New England Bicycle Racing Association Ranking System for 2005. There will
be rankings in age and rider categories as well as top clubs based on top 20
results in NEBRA races. We are writing to invite race promoters to
participate in the New England Ranking System. In order to be in the
system, your race must be a NEBRA race, and the sponsoring club or promoter
must be a NEBRA member. Please refer to www.ne-bra.org for membersip
applications. Your race will also have to meet the standards of a NEBRA
race. The purpose of the NEBRA standards is to provide the everyone a
quality event. The standards are as follows:
– Provision of separate pre-registration and day of registration lines.
– An information board that shows start times, rest room locations,
start/finish locations, number placement, prize payout location, and junior
– Toilet facilities near the start line.
– Provision of a finish line camera and full results. No camera is required
at time trials.
– Sending results to NEBRA and USAC.
– Posting results 15 minutes after race completion and paying out prizes
within 1/2 hour after results are finalized unless other methods are stated
in the race flyer.
– Provision of a pit or follow vehicle for all categories.
– Provision of double numbers for Road Races.
– Holding junior rollout prior to the start of the junior race.
– Posting acurate start times on the race flyer. Listing the first race of
the day, and stating all others follow is not acceptable.
Interested promoters should contact Jonathan Lowenstein, [email protected] to be included in the New England Ranking System. Races
in the System will be listed on the NEBRA website, www.ne-bra.org and can
advertise themselves as being "Part of the New England Bicycle Racing
Association Ranking System." We are also seeking proposals to run the
Ranking System. The Request for Proposals is posted on www.ne-bra.org.
Please pass the word on about this exciting development for 2005.
The NEBRA Board of Directors,
Mark Hagen – President
Mark McCormack – Vice President
Jonathan Lowenstein – Secretary