USA Cycling – NORBA Job Opportunity Thursday, September 02, 2004
USA Cycling – NORBA Western Regional Manager
Supervising Position: Membership Vice President
Current Supervisor: Theresa Delp
Western Region: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
This position is region assigned. This person would provide assistance to NORBA members, promoters and clubs within assigned region, while providing the highest level of customer service. Have a high understanding of all job responsibilities, be able to work as a team player and promote competitive cycling within the United States.
· Assist members with license issues as possible
· Knowledgeable about member benefits and insurance coverage
· Develop NORBA programs that will help increase the number and service of NORBA members
· Oversee national event qualifying procedures and submission within assigned region
· Understand and be able to communicate rules and regulations within NORBA rulebook
· Hold annual NORBA promoter event planning and scheduling meetings
· Oversee the permitting process for assigned region
· Mail event promoters permit information as needed
· Ensure that all NORBA event promoters are knowledgeable and follow all USAC event guide lines and regulations.
· Should encourage and assist promoters in on-line results submission process
· Assist Colorado Springs office in tracking down delinquent post-events
· Responsible for elevating delinquent accounts to the appropriate departments.
· Knowledgeable in all promoter and event benefits
· Knowledgeable in all event insurance coverage
· Assist promoters with securing officials for NORBA events.
· Recruit and retain new event organizers
· Identify and manage NORBA State Championships within assigned region
· Identify and manage the AMBC Series within assigned region
· Assist in organizing NORBA Regional Official’s clinics
· Develop and maintain a NORBA Promoter’s Education Program (which includes the NORBA Event Organizers Handbook).
· Respond to all on-line ticket requests by members within seven days of receipt
· Responsible for all NORBA semi-pro and pro upgrades within assigned region
· Select and attend events as deemed necessary
· Responsible for maintaining region budget
* General Membership
· Work with USAC staff in improving flow of information through forms, printed materials and communications.
· Proactively propose new programs that will further enhance promoter and member satisfaction.
· Escalate event, scheduling issues, membership or promoter issues to the appropriate department.
· Keep current on all USAC issues, i.e., membership, events and servicing promoters via website, brochures, etc…
· Communicate with a knowledgeable and professional attitude.
· Answer and respond to all correspondence within a reasonable manner.
· Follow all USAC employee policies including but not limited to dress code, work schedule, etc…
· Work very closely with Eastern NORBA Regional Manager
· Attend USAC NORBA Regional Manager’s mid-year and year-end meetings
Strong customer service skills, organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure is a must for this position. Applicant must possess strong written, communication and computer skills. Attention to detail is a must. Person applying for this position must be able to work independently and be a contributing team member to other USAC departments. Knowledge of NORBA official rules helpful but not required. College degree preferred.
This is a full-time salaried position (mid-20’s). Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, 403b, and college savings plan.